I’ve blogged previously about the upcoming Pies on Parade, but since it airs on 207 tonight, I thought I’d put all the necessary info in one place:
WHAT: Pies on Parade, Rockland, Maine
Pie sampling at more than a dozen venues–at last count 16 and growing–including the four inns, as well as restaurants and even a day spa. See list below. You can walk site to site or take a trolley.
WHEN: Sunday, Jan. 24, 1-5 pm
Rain, snow, ice, sleet, nothing stops this event from happening: Hundreds of pies have been baked
SPONSOR: Historic Inns of Rockland
Four fine inns in downtown Rockland—The Berry Manor, Captain Lindsey, Granite Inn, and Limerock Inn, all built between 1835 and 1898. These aren’t home-stay B&BS, all are historic homes turned into boutique inns, complete with all the whistles and bells: private rooms, private baths, common areas, Wifi, abundant breakfasts. Some have fireplaces and whirlpool tubs. One is especially kid and pet friendly
TIX: $25 adult, $10 children.
Yes. Tickets for the tour alone sell out quickly; $25 adults, $10 kid 10 and younger. To order tickets in advance, call 1-877-ROC-INNS (877-762-4667).
BENEFITS: Area Interfaith Outreach Food Pantry.
More than $20,000 has been raised to date.
LODGING PACKAGES: at the Historic Inns or Rockland
- Two guaranteed tickets to the usually sold-out Pies on Parade
- Two “personal” pies upon check-in
- A copy of INNdulgences, the Historic Inns of Rockland cookbook,
- Commemorative Pies on Parade poster
- $50 in Midcoast Money plus two dessert vouchers
- Exclusive tour of Audubon’s Project Puffin Center featuring “Puff (ed) Pastry Pies”
- Exclusive tour of Maine Lighthouse Museum featuring “Lite Pies”
- Invitation to a “Wine and Pie” tasting at the Wine Seller
Two-Night Package prices range from $315 to $605 single or double occupancy.
• Berry Manor Inn: Raspberry pie; Blueberry Pie; Savory pies
• Captain Lindsey House: Seafood Pie
• LimeRock Inn: Key LimeRock Pie; Pizza Rustica (Italian Meat) Pie
• Granite Inn: Cheesy Breakfast Pie and Cranberry Apple Pie
• Pastry Garden: Lemon Meringue Tartlets and Spinach Ricotta Pie
• Amalfi on the Water: Seafood Pie; White Chocolate Mousse Pie
• Café Miranda: Signature Mojo Pizza Pie
• Lily’s Bistro: Potato & Bacon; Peach Tart Tatan
• Bricks: Pizza Pie
• Rheal Day Spa: (Healthy pies) Not-too-Sweet Potato Pie (gluten free); Lavender, Honey & Yogurt Pie (no refined sugar)
• Waterworks Restaurant: Shepherds Pie
• Rustica: Sweet and Savory Italian Gallettes
• Rockland Café: Mini Whoopie Pies
• Brown Bag: TBA
• Park Street Grille: Tex Mex Take On Pie
• Thorndike Creamery: Ice cream surprise